Today was day two of the conference for work. Eats included granola with yogurt, half a bagel, an Irongirl bar (OMG, these are amazing by the way, and the website has a BOGO coupon!). Lunch was buffet style again so I had of small portions of a bunch of things – pasta salad, greens w. italian dressing, roll, cheese, vegetarian goulash over mashed red skinned potatoes, and ziti with alfredo sauce. The best part of the day were the Jelly Bellys they had out for snacks!
I got a little dixi cup with a scoop in it. Flavors included creamsicle, pear, banana, chocolate, cranberry, and the best of all was TOASTED MARSHMELLOW! yumm. Perfect for a little afternoon sugar pick-me-up!
Our 3rd CSA box came today. It included some new veggies:
- Malabar Red Stemmed Spinach – we will use this for salads
- Romain Lettuce – we will use this for salad too
- Snap peas – good for snacks or maybe a stir fry?
- Asparagus – not sure how we’re going to cook it this week, last week it was thrown into a stir fry.
- Green onions – chopped up to add to salads, etc.
- Garlic scrapes – it took me a while to figure out what this weird vegetable was. But google is a great resource. I really have no idea what we’re going to do with the 2 garlic scrapes we got – any suggestions?
I’m off to finish making egg salad for my lunch tomorrow!