Do you ever have those days where you feel like you manage your time perfectly? Yesterday was one of those for the hubby and I. It was filled with lots of good things!
- First off, the hubby and I went home to eat lunch yesterday. It was a nice break from the office and I got to saute up some veggies (which I’m still obsessed with) which was awesome.
- I usually try to wake up early to run, but most of the time it doesn’t happen. Then I feel bad and force myself to run immediately when I get home from work. In the heat and sun. Not fun. Last night I waited to run until after dinner – around 7:30pm. Oh it was glorious! It wasn’t too hot and it was one of the best runs I’ve had in a while! A car accident almost occurred right in front of me, but that’s besides the point. I think I’m going to try to do this regularly. It was just so fun. It’s amazing what switching up your routine can do! I ran for 30 minutes.
- After we ate dinner and were allowing the food to “digest” before running the hubby and I spent about 45 minutes chopping, cleaning and prepping our dinner for tonight. It was awesome to put some time into it last night so we won’t have to put as much time into it tonight. I’m pretty excited about our dinner tonight. If it turns out okay I’ll share it here.
- We also made some homemade potato salad using the bazillions of potatoes we’ve been getting in our CSA lately.
- After our runs and showers we even still had time to chill out in front of Netflix for about an hour before hitting the hay early.
I don’t know what it was about last night but the stars aligned we got a lot accomplished. We managed our time well. I was pretty stoked. I’m a list person so crossing things off the list in my head feels great!
Lunch today is pretzels, home-made potato salad in a wrap and lettuce w. cucumbers and Italian Parmesan dressing (yumm). After work today we’re going to look at some more houses… I hope it goes well!
I wish I had some exciting photo to share today, but alas, I don’t. I suck.
Yesterdays rainy Monday turned into a sunny one, and then turned rainy again right when I was about to step outside for a run. So to the treadmill it was. Just some basic intervals – they’re the only thing that keeps me sane on the treadmill.
I had my doctors appointment after work as well, and all my blood test results came back pretty normal (and good). The only thing that was a little off was one of the indicators for celiacs disease though she seems pretty convinced it was just a fluke since it was just slightly higher than the typical range. But since my mom has celiacs, she asked me to go get retested in 4 weeks to just make sure it was indeed a fluke.Though I’m glad everything came back normal, part of me was hoping that something was off so that I could do something to fix how I’m feeling. Like,if I was low on iron I’d take supplements, etc. I went off hormonal birth control in November in favor of the NFP method, so I’m hoping all the fatigue, weird cramping and emotional-ness is just a result of my body getting re acclimated to having a natural cycle. Only time will tell, I guess.
The doctor also prescribed some creams for me for my acne. I seriously hope this helps – my face has been a wreck for the past 4 to 5 months (probably a result of going off the Pill) and it’s exhausting me. I’ve got an appointment with a dermatologist lined up in September anyhow but hopefully this will at least hold me over until then!
Other than that, it’s been pretty “normal” around here. We’re going to pick up our next CSA shipment tonight! I’m excited to see the goodies that are inside the cooler!
As much as I hate when its rainy and gloomy, especially on a Monday, the rain is more than welcome today! Hopefully it’ll cool things down (and by cool, I mean it’ll only be in the 80s).
Apologies for the blog silence over the weekend! Saturday the hubby and I ran to NJ to visit his family and take care of some things. It was still crazy HOT out there but we packed lots of munchies so driving there and back in one day wasn’t too shabby. We did have one unfortunate occurrence though – I (stupidly) left my luna protein bar in the car for a total of maybe 5 minutes and it got all melty and deformed. I decided to snack on it anyhow this morning though. Gooey or not it still tasted great and filled me up!
We got back late on Saturday and then spent yesterday chillin and bakin and relaxin and moving watchin. Nothing too exciting but it was still a nice “bum around” type of day.
Well I’m off to eat my lunch and then it’s off to the doctor to hopefully figure out what’s up with my energy levels lately!
And one more thing, don’t forget to head over to Meals and Moves to bid on some amazing goodies to help support Susan! Just click the banner to be taken to more info!