I hope your weekend was fabulous!
Mine was pretty stinkin’ good. I have no complaints!
Friday I met a friend for dinner and drinks. My drink was super fruity and not too strong which was exactly what I was in the mood for.
Saturday I spent most of the day at a church retreat.
I’m not a super religious person but I was glad that my mom convinced me to go. It was a great way to kind of “reset”. I came out of it feeling really really refreshed. So refreshed that I decided to bake… or rather no-bake.
I made No Bake Granola Balls. They are awesome. I found them thanks to Pinterest (what else is new…) The original recipe is here. I made a few slight modifications – I used a little less oats than the recipe calls for because I ran out, and I used ground flax seed instead of hemp seed. They came out DELICIOUS, healthy and they fill you up to0. They are perfect for a snack when you need a little something sweet. I will definitely be making these again… and again.
Sunday was the day of sweating lots of sweat! In the morning I went for a long run with my dad – 5 miles in a little over an hour. The run was awesome – it was one of those runs where you feel amazing, and I was on such an endorphin high when I got home. It was great. After some foam rolling, a shower and eating lunch, I headed out again for a Zumbathon! This is my second one and it was a blast! Though by the end my legs were definitely feeling the effects of my double work out day. When I got home I had plans to make some soup for dinner but instead the hubby and I decided to order a pizza. It was the perfect end to a really good day.
Here’s what my workouts this week look like:
Monday – Hot Power Yoga
Tuesday – Zumba
Wednesday – 4 mile easy run
Thursday – Rest
Friday – 4 mile tempo run
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – 6 mile long run
I hope your week is off to a good start!
It’s Friday! SWEET!
I haven’t been around the past couple of days but there’s been a lot going on at work and at home. I was at an all day work retreat yesterday and by the time I got home my brain was fried. I had that I-just-took-the-SATs feeling.
Anyhow, here are a couple of highlights from the past few days in a nice organized list.
- I finally got my first Shamrock Shake of the season. This is the only thing I ever get at MickeyDs and omg it is so worth eating whatever it is made of. I drank the whole thing in probably less than 10 minutes. oops… but I’m not sorry. SO GOOD.
- Geisha has to wear an Elizabethan collar for 2 weeks. She’s been chewing on her paws and I took her to the vet on Wednesday. The vet took some fur samples to get analyzed but in the meantime she has to wear it so she wont chew or lick her paws. She looks so sad all the time, I really hate seeing her like that. I can’t wait until we can take it off of her.
- Yesterday I got in a 3.5 mile run with 2 miles at a faster pace. It felt good. I bet I looked super awesome wearing black capris, my black running vest, a grey shirt underneath and my bright pink shoes. Maybe I at least looked fast?
- At work today I’m getting a bunch of little, mundane, boring tasks done. You know how those add up so fast? After yesterdays work retreat, my brain still feels fried so I figured I would use today to take care of some things that have been hanging over my head for a while and get back to the real work on Monday after having the weekend to decompress.
- Speaking of this weekend, it’s going to be busy but fun, so I’m looking forward to it. Tonight I’m meeting a friend for dinner, tomorrow I’m going to a church retreat for the morning, and Sunday I’m going to be getting my doubly sweat on with a 5 mile run with my dad in the morning and a Zumbathon later in the day. My legs will be pretty tired by the time Sunday is over I think.
Happy hump day! It’s finally the middle of the week – finally. geesh. Monday and Tuesday were some long days!
Nothing too exciting is going on here so I’ll keep this short.
Zumba last night was a lot of sweaty fun, as usual. Our instructor informed us that she’s actually teaching at a Zumbathon this weekend, on Sunday. After talking with a few people who are also interested, I think I’ve decided to go (two hours of Zumba for $5 – how could I not??) though this means both a 5 mile run and 2 hours of Zumba will be happening on Sunday. That should be interesting. Though at least my run will be first in the morning so I will be running on fresh legs, right? I hope I’m not completely crazy for doing this…
I’ve also had to adjust my workout schedule for the week based on a few other factors like taking Geisha to the vet (not for anything major), a meeting with our insurance company after work one day, etc.
I guess sometimes you can plan your workouts as much as you want but sometimes you have to adjust your schedule on a daily basis.
Monday – 3 miles
Tuesday – Zumba
Wednesday – Speedwork: 4 Mi, inc Warm; 2×1600 w/800 jogs; Cool
Thursday – Yoga?
Friday – rest
Saturday – rest
Sunday – 5 miles + Zumbathon
PS – I’m excited to take my bright pink shoes out for another spin this evening!