Good morning! T-3 days til I head to Pittsburgh! I’m feeling ready, just working on my hydrating and slowly packing. Sunday is going to be good, I can feel it!!
Our weekend was pretty relaxed. I went out with some coworkers Friday night. And was reminded on Saturday that I can’t drink like I used to. I was tired and felt lousy. Oops.
We went and picked up our bed frame and our living room furniture got delivered too, so our house is looking much more homey now.
Sunday I experimentes with our new bread machine!
The first loaf came out perfect!! So much so, that we made a second! I can’t wait to experiment more with wheat and sweet and savory breads! It is just so easy.
On Sunday Geisha and I also hung out on our deck. She loves being outside.
Well that’s all for now, off to hydrate hydrate hydrate!
My day is off to a slower start than usual. I’ve got a dentist appointment in about an hour so I did the whole work from home thing this morning.
The best part about working from home?
The purring kitty on my lap. Gotta love it.
I took my last Zumba class of the session yesterday, before meeting the family for a late dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate my parents anniversary. By the time we got home I was exhausted and ready to take a shower! The next Zumba session doesn’t start for a few weeks but I’ve already signed up. I’m going to change it up a little and take a class mid-day (from noon to 1 on Thursdays). I checked my work calendar and I don’t foresee any conflicts, and if for some reason I can’t make it to a class I can always make it up by attending a class in the evening with the same instructor. I’m really trying to switch around my exercise schedule because I end up feeling SO stressed if I do it after work. I’m not sure why this is, but I just feel like it conflicts with so many things. Switching Zumba to during my lunch break is the first step. Next I need to figure out what to do with Yoga and running…
I received the pair of compression shorts I ordered in the mail on Monday. I put them on just for 5 or so minutes to make sure they fit okay and WOW. I felt the relief just in that time. My hips and IT bands tend to get really sort the long distance I run and these hit that area so well! I’m excited to try them out after the Pittsburgh Half. Between the shorts and my compression sleeves, I’m going to look really stylish on the drive home, hah. I’ll be sure to do a full review of them after I try them out post-race.
We also got our new bread maker in the mail. Neither the hubby or I have ever used/owned a bread maker so this will be an interesting experiment. But I’m really excited to have control over the ingredients and not have to pay crazy prices for healthy bread at the grocery store. I’m hoping to try it out this weekend. Fingers crossed it goes well.
Time to pack up my work computer and head over to the dentist. You know you’re jealous.
It’s Friday! SWEET!
I haven’t been around the past couple of days but there’s been a lot going on at work and at home. I was at an all day work retreat yesterday and by the time I got home my brain was fried. I had that I-just-took-the-SATs feeling.
Anyhow, here are a couple of highlights from the past few days in a nice organized list.
- I finally got my first Shamrock Shake of the season. This is the only thing I ever get at MickeyDs and omg it is so worth eating whatever it is made of. I drank the whole thing in probably less than 10 minutes. oops… but I’m not sorry. SO GOOD.
- Geisha has to wear an Elizabethan collar for 2 weeks. She’s been chewing on her paws and I took her to the vet on Wednesday. The vet took some fur samples to get analyzed but in the meantime she has to wear it so she wont chew or lick her paws. She looks so sad all the time, I really hate seeing her like that. I can’t wait until we can take it off of her.
- Yesterday I got in a 3.5 mile run with 2 miles at a faster pace. It felt good. I bet I looked super awesome wearing black capris, my black running vest, a grey shirt underneath and my bright pink shoes. Maybe I at least looked fast?
- At work today I’m getting a bunch of little, mundane, boring tasks done. You know how those add up so fast? After yesterdays work retreat, my brain still feels fried so I figured I would use today to take care of some things that have been hanging over my head for a while and get back to the real work on Monday after having the weekend to decompress.
- Speaking of this weekend, it’s going to be busy but fun, so I’m looking forward to it. Tonight I’m meeting a friend for dinner, tomorrow I’m going to a church retreat for the morning, and Sunday I’m going to be getting my doubly sweat on with a 5 mile run with my dad in the morning and a Zumbathon later in the day. My legs will be pretty tired by the time Sunday is over I think.