Last night the hubby and I watched Food Inc. on PBS. We’d seen it before. In fact, the first time I watched it was what caused me to finally cut meat out of my diet. It was good to watch it again and really made me glad when I thought about the choices we make and where we put our food dollars. Part of that has been being a part of a CSA that a local farm participates in. We split a small share with my parents and it has provided us with plenty of veggies for the past few months.
I haven’t been sharing our CSA finds lately because it’s been a lot of the same stuff – Kale, Lettuce, Cabbage, Squash, Zucchini. But yesterday when we picked up our share I got so excited about the colorfulness and variety of this weeks box!
Here’s what was inside:
- Watermelon – I cannot wait to sink our teeth into this, it smelled amazing
- Green Pepper – I have part of this packed to eat with hummus for lunch today!
- Eggplant – This will be perfect for some stir fry
- Cucumber – I chopped this up for hummus and snackin’
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Hot peppers – Not sure what we’re going to do with this but the hubby loves em
- Cantaloupe (not pictured) – A whole one! I’m so excited for some fresh fruit!