Bridal Shower fun

16 Aug

As I mentioned briefly, this past weekend was kind of nuts. On Saturday morning I left bright and early to drive to North New Jersey to be part of my good friends Bachelorette/Shower weekend. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive which is basically the longest I’ve ever driven by myself. I snacked A LOT to keep myself from being bored.

I had a bunch of these Quaker caramel rice cakes (YUMMMM)

And one of these Nature Valley Granola Thins (with Dark Chocolate!) that I heard about from a friend. These tasted so decadent, it was great for my sweet tooth!

I also drank tons of water (and took 2 restroom breaks as a result) and cranked up the music.

I met up with the rest of the Bridal Party and some of the Bride-to-be’s friends at a mall where we got lunch at a seafood place. I got a side salad that was much larger than a SIDE salad, and a california roll since I was craving sushi. It filled me up!

After lunch we went back to the Bride-to-be’s moms house to get ready for a night out on the town. We went to Hoboken, which is a cute city across the water from Manhatten. (fun note – we passed by Carlo’s Bakery when we were trying to find parking.)

We ate at a pretty good restaurant that turned into a night club at 10pm. I started the meal with a Watermelon Margarita.

So delicious. The green sugar around the rim was even watermelon flavored. Strong too – I didn’t need to get anymore drinks for myself that night. πŸ™‚
We ordered appetizers: crab & shrimp spring rolls (they were awesome!) and calamari (pretty awesome too).
My dinner was a set of two crabcake sliders with fries on the side. Pretty good but nothing to write home about.

Then we headed over to the other side of the restaurant to dance, draw attention to the Bride-to-be and have a good time until about 1am. No pictures will be posted from that part of the evening to protect the innocent. πŸ™‚

Hoboken was about an hour drive from where we were staying and it started to pour rain – I’m talking serious-hurricane-torrential-pour. We made it home close to 2am. I got into bed as soon as I could, because I knew I’d have an early morning!

My alarm went off at 7am and I hopped out of bed to get a shower and get dressed to head over to the Bridal Shower location. I was exhausted after I got a shower so I hopped back into bed for about 45 minutes until the bride-to-be’s sister woke me up to leave – haha. I guess I can’t party into the late night like I used to!

We started the 1 hour drive to the shower location around 9, with a quick stop a Dunkin Donuts. I ordered an egg and cheese sandwich and a medium iced coffee. The cashier made a mistake though and they ended up giving me a LARGE iced coffee. Normally I would have just pitched half of it after I drank some but this time I drank every.last.drop. I needed the caffeine!!!

We spent a few hours decorating the house where the shower was in the midst of the caffeine rush.

Guests started arriving around 1 – the bride & groom showed up at 2:30 (just a tad late, oops!). I kept checking the time, I knew I had to leave around 4pm to start my long drive home.

The bride-to-be is Egyptian so the food was homemade Egyptian food – I ate lots of hummus, grilled veggies, and this amazing squash that was filled with seasoned rice. Around 4pm (after the games had wrapped up luckily) I told the bride I had to head out and she sent me home with some homemade baklava and chocolate covered strawberries. It was awesome.

I snacked on the baklava and strawberries + a medium dr. pepper I picked up during the 4 1/2 hour drive home to keep myself awake. (side note – I ordered a medium at Wendy’s thinking it would be manageable, and got it and was SHOCKED at how big it was! I’d hate to see what a large soda looks like. I only drank maybe a third of it.)

I finally got to our front door around 9:30pm exhausted and ready for bed.

Over 11 hours of driving in two days. Partying until late. Lots of good food (and drinks). Lots of fun with friends. whew. what a weekend.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: