Things are getting out of hand.
Last weekend was the hubby and my moms birthdays. That means my grandma made cookies, pie and cake. We ended up with some of the leftovers.
Tuesday was Valentines day. My mom bought the hubby and I some valentines treats.
I like to bake, and in hinesight I STUPIDLY made some “smores bars” last weekend – they’re like rice krispie treats but with golden grahams, mini marshmellows and chocolate chips.
And my mom just texted me to tell me that our girl scout cookies came in.
This is just insane.
The current stockpile of sugar in our apartment consists of:
– 1 box chocolate covered macadamia nuts (from my brother in Hawaii)
– 1 peanut butter meltaway candy bar
– half a dozen chocolate chip cookies
– a few brownies
– a couple mint chocolate cookies
– maybe a dozen or so smores bars
– 2 slices of blueberry pie
– 3 pieces of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
– a heart-shaped box of Russel Stover’s chocolates – luckily this is a small box, only 2 pieces are left.
– heart-shaped marshmallow peeps
– a bag of reeses hearts
and frankly, I’m sure there’s more than that.
and we’re going to get 3 boxes of girl scout cookies in the next few days.
Seriously, I think we need to stage an intervention or something.
I hate wasting food so I don’t want to throw it out, and it’s such a random conglomeration of sweets I’m not sure taking it into work would be appropriate.
but seriously, the hubby and I can’t eat all of that, and frankly we shouldn’t.