I took a few days to think about what I want to accomplish in 2013. Both running-wise and in my personal life.
There are a few goals I’m a little nervous about but here goes nothing!
– Keep on running, zumbaing and kickboxing. I love each of these so much (running being my first love, obviously). I hope I can continue with all three in 2013.
– YOGA! I love the yoga studio I go to, and it really helps me clear my mind and focus. Not to mention, it loosens up my running form. I need to get back into it this year.
– Drink more water!!! This is a carry over from last year.
– Race. Race. Race. Specifically, do 13 races. Yes 13. Why? because I stumbled across this awesome 13in2013 challenge that I think and hope will be great motivation. I’m signing up for the “variety” category because I don’t want to limit myself to a specific type of race. I’m a little nervous about this – I only did 10 this year – but hopefully I’ll be successful.
– Read. I enjoy reading, but for some reason I never make the time for it. I get sucked into facebook, or angry birds, or tv or chores or whatever. I want to make time for it this year.
– Finish the basement of our house. We’re building up the savings and will hopefully be able to pull the trigger on this one soon.
– Landscape the backyard. The benefit of building a house is you have a clean slate. This also means zero trees and very minimal landscaping. We’ve done pretty much all we can in the front yard for the forseeable future. We hope to get the backyard taken care of this year.
– Furnish our first floor. Out living room and dining room are still lacking a few basics.
– Build more savings. We want to focus more on our emergency savings this year.